Running + Tri + CPT + Nutrition
Six years ago I was a pack a day smoker with no real direction in life. One day I woke up and decided to quit smoking. The question became, “how was I going to do this?” That’s when I walked into a bike shop knowing nothing about bikes. I walked out with my first road bike. I started riding 5 miles here, and 10 miles when I was feeling brave. Eventually all that led to my first 50 mile ride, and shortly after that my first century ride. It was all so motivating. I wanted to see how much further I could push myself, so I added in running. Before I knew it I was at the starting line of my first marathon. To complicate things even more I was introduced to the world of triathlon, and I was home.
Like my history shows it wasn’t long before I completed my first Ironman. I got to the point where I could now become pretty competitive in this sport, so I took it upon myself to learn everything I could. It didn’t matter how good I became I still learned something new at every race, and I welcomed it. A couple of years ago a great friend introduced me to Ultras. That was a whole new experience, and I fell in love. The peace and calmness of the trails through a forest or a mountain side is magnificent. With 5k’s all the way up to 50 milers, sprint distance triathlons all the way up to Ironmans, I found my passion. I fell in love with endurance sports, and wanted to find a way to share my passion with others. This is where I decided to take the plunge in coaching. I have coached people to their first 5k all the way to their first Ironman. I find it very rewarding to see someone accomplish something they thought at one point to be impossible.
Competing is a passion of mine, but watching an athlete cross the finish line for the 1st time or the 20th time definitely tops it all.
Specializations and Endorsements:
- ITCA Certified Professional Triathlon Coach
- AFPA Certified Nutrition and Wellness Consultant
- NASM Certified Personal Trainer
Coaching and Fees:
- Access to coach via text + email + cell
- Goal planning
- Training Peaks account
- Running singlet and backpack
- Coach assisted Saturday morning runs and Tuesday night track session (includes mapped routes, water, coffee and occasional run picture on the route)
- Experienced pace group leaders
- Discounts to several local races
- Access to private Northside FB page
- Discounts to Fleet Feet, New Balance and Nutrition Depot
- Seminar with information pertaining to all things running
- Coach organized destination runs, run-cations